POWERING NETWORKS IN A PASSIONATE INDUSTRY
Industry (a recent winner of the TC Radio Pitch-Off) is a professional network exclusively for the service and hospitality industry. The website lets employees showcase videos and photos of skills specifically needed in hotels and restaurants, like bartending or cooking. The service is free for users, while businesses pay on a subscription basis. Even if a restaurant or bar isn’t currently hiring, the service makes it easy to post jobs and keep a pipeline of talent for their future needs.
Improve the usability of The Industry's current beta platform by re-inventing the current on-boarding process, overhauling the user profile to resemble a sleek professional resume, and inject features that bolster the value of the platform.
A responsive site design that tackles professional profile fulfillment - often categorized as daunting - while constructing representation that gets job seekers the gigs they want, and hiring managers the candidates they need. Coupled with features that greatly minimize application time and connection visualization features that vividly display the strength of your network.
• "Peaking" on-boarding that takes only the pertinent information and uses existing KPI's to enhance and fulfill the remaining minutae.
• Completion of on-boarding would "kill 3 birds" require less than 10 minutes and provide: PDF Resume, 80% completed profile, & completed job ready account.
• Comprehensive database of "pre-filled" editable service related duties, designated by category/position, determined by word clouds derived from hundreds of related job descriptions.
• Connection visualization feature for job seekers and hiring managers
• Keyword highlight feature for hiring managers based on searches to point the to the candidates most relevant experience.
Research, user interviews, scripting portions of stakeholder interviews, distilling insights, scripting scenario, developing persona, journey mapping, user flow, profile view layout, on-boarding strategy / design that addressed pain points and business goals, ideation of new user derived features to be included in product roadmap, next steps recommendations.
5 Weeks (4 Research & Dev + 1 post wrap-up) - in 1 week sprints
Nielsen Norman Group • National Restaurant Association • Feature Card Sorting • Whiteboard & Markers • Sketch • Illustrator • Invision.